April 15th, 2021 was a good day to be a Danish actor. At least, it sure seemed that way. On this day, Deadline Hollywood revealed two ‘exclusive’ casting news articles. Now, why is that significant? It’s simple really. Two very popular Danish actors are joining two major Hollywood franchises in highly anticipated sequels, and, again, for some unknown (but somewhat amusing) reason these unrelated casting news articles were released on the very same day.Continue reading “A Good Day to Be a Danish Actor: Mads Mikkelsen & Pilou Asbæk Join Major Franchises”
Casting the HBO adaptation of THE LAST OF US – Special Features #65
HBO and PlayStation recently announced that Chernobyl-creator Craig Mazin will develop a series adaptation of the hit PlayStation game THE LAST OF US with Neil Druckmann, who was the writer and co-creative director on the original game. Druckmann is also one of the chief creatives working on the game’s highly anticipated sequel, THE LAST OF US: PART II. As I’ve definitely written before, THE LAST OF US is my favorite game ever made. It is a masterpiece. So, today, I want to give my updated opinions about who should play the game’s main characters in the upcoming HBO adaptation. Continue reading “Casting the HBO adaptation of THE LAST OF US – Special Features #65”
The Next Lando – Dagobah Day #19
A couple of days ago, The Wrap reported that Lando Calrissian will be appearing in the Han Solo anthology film! Now, we haven’t gotten that confirmed yet, and we don’t know how much he’ll be in the film, if he is indeed in it. But Birth.Movies.Death have reported that Community‘s Donald Glover is the first choice for the part, which obviously makes me happy. But let’s today talk about who could, or should, play Lando if Glover doesn’t take the role. Continue reading “The Next Lando – Dagobah Day #19”
June Update: Regarding ‘Casting,’ ‘Testing Television,’ and ‘Box Office Predictions’
- Casting – No longer posts on the fourth Monday of the month. The future of Casting is uncertain right now, seeing as there was no response to the new series of posts.
- Testing Television – On the other hand, I’ve been pleased with the response to Testing Television. It will now post on the fourth Monday of the month.
- Box Office Predictions: Finally, I’m changing the format for B.O.P. a little bit. For a while now, it’s only been predictions (and that will still be the most important part of the series of posts). But starting this July, Box Office Predictions will also look back on the box office numbers of the previous month. Also, I will be following specific films, and check on them to see how well they’ve done.
If you have any questions, ideas for Testing Television, or suggestions for Casting, then please leave a comment below.
– I’m Jeffrey Rex
The Last of Us: The Movie – Casting #2
The Last of Us is my favorite video game of all-time. It is one of the most amazing cinematic experiences ever seen in a video game. If there ever was a video game that deserved to have a film, then this is it. So, let’s talk about who should play who in The Last of Us movie. Continue reading “The Last of Us: The Movie – Casting #2”
Uncharted: The Movie – Casting #1
Casting has replaced The Collection on the monthly schedule. The Collection will return on an unspecified date.
Uncharted is one of the most beloved Sony PlayStation video game franchises of all-time. It is incredibly cinematic, and it definitely should become a movie, or a series of movies, one day in the future. But before the movie studio starts to pick who should play Nathan Drake, let’s beat them to the punch. Who should be in the cast for an Uncharted: The Movie. Continue reading “Uncharted: The Movie – Casting #1”
May Update: ‘The Collection’ Shake-Up & Introduction of ‘Casting’
- The Collection – No longer posts on the third Monday of the month, and Favorite Thespians has now overtaken that spot. The Collection is now getting a new format as well. Writing about one movie a month without reviewing it just did not work for me. Now, instead, at some point late in every month I’ll be releasing a The Collection-update, in which I’ll jot down five films that have been added to the list.
- Casting: Who Should Play Who? – For a while now, I’ve been loving writing about who I’d cast as this character or that character in this or that movie. So, I decided to make a series of posts about that very idea. Casting will be taking on the fourth Monday of every month-spot.
If you have any questions, ideas for The Collection, or suggestions for Casting, then please leave a comment below.
– I’m Jeffrey Rex
Suicide Squad: The Curious Case of Rick Flag
A few days ago I wrote that Tom Hardy had decided to exit the Suicide Squad movie due to scheduling conflicts – since then, we’ve learned that he actually disliked the script that – supposedly – focused too much on Deadshot & The Joker, and not enough on Rick Flag. Flag being the character Warner Bros. wanted Hardy to play.
Continue reading “Suicide Squad: The Curious Case of Rick Flag”