- Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- Aladdin (1992)
- The Lion King (1994)
- Toy Story 2 (1999)
- Monsters, Inc. (2001)
- Rear Window (1954) – Directed by Alfred Hitchcock.
- Lawrence of Arabia (1962) – Directed by David Lean.
- The Godfather (1972) – Directed by Francis Ford Coppola.
- Taxi Driver (1976) – Directed by Martin Scorsese.
- Toy Story (1995) – Directed by John Lasseter.
- The Pianist (2002) – Directed by Roman Polanski.
- Toy Story 3 (2010) – Directed by Lee Unkrich.
- Jagten (2012) – Directed by Thomas Vinterberg.
- Inside Out (2015) – Directed by Pete Docter & Ronaldo Del Carmen.
Continue reading “9 Masterpieces – The Collection #8”
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
- Jaws (1975)
- Saving Private Ryan (1998)
- Schindler’s List (1993)
- Alien – Directed by Ridley Scott.
- Poltergeist – Directed by Tobe Hooper.
- The Conjuring – Directed by James Wan.
- The Exorcist – Directed by William Friedkin.
- The Silence of the Lambs – Directed by Jonathan Demme.
Continue reading “5 Must-Watch Horror Films – The Collection #6”
- (500) Days of Summer – Directed by Marc Webb.
- 50/50 – Directed by Jonathan Levine.
- Boyhood – Directed by Richard Linklater.
- Lost in Translation – Directed by Sofia Coppola.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower – Directed by Stephen Chbosky.
Continue reading “5 Dramas – The Collection #5”
- The Collection – No longer posts on the third Monday of the month, and Favorite Thespians has now overtaken that spot. The Collection is now getting a new format as well. Writing about one movie a month without reviewing it just did not work for me. Now, instead, at some point late in every month I’ll be releasing a The Collection-update, in which I’ll jot down five films that have been added to the list.
- Casting: Who Should Play Who? – For a while now, I’ve been loving writing about who I’d cast as this character or that character in this or that movie. So, I decided to make a series of posts about that very idea. Casting will be taking on the fourth Monday of every month-spot.
If you have any questions, ideas for The Collection, or suggestions for Casting, then please leave a comment below.
– I’m Jeffrey Rex
- The Shining (1980) – Directed by Stanley Kubrick.
The Shining is a bona fide horror classic, and my favorite horror film of all-time. It is a terrifying tale that will definitely stick with you. The Shining is the newest member of the so-called Collection, and I therefore deem it a must-watch film. Continue reading “The Collection #4 – The Shining”
- The Departed (2006) – Directed by Martin Scorsese.
Our next movie in The Collection might be the best remake of all-time – the excellent crime-drama The Departed directed by Martin Scorsese. Originally, another Scorsese film was going to be this month’s member of The Collection, but in a last minute change-up the ensemble-led drama became the next must-watch film suggested by me. Continue reading “The Collection #3 – The Departed”
- Jurassic Park (1993) – Directed by Steven Spielberg.
The Collection is a monthly opinion piece, which features a single film, trilogy, or the like that I consider to be one of the best of all-time – a must watch film or franchise. A new entry in The Collection will be highlighted and revealed on the third Monday of every month. This month I’m adding to The Collection with Jurassic Park, arguably the most visually impressive film of the 1990s. Continue reading “The Collection #2 – Jurassic Park”
- Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977) – Directed by George Lucas.
- Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980) – Directed by Irvin Kershner.
- Star Wars: Episode VI – The Return of the Jedi (1983) – Directed by Richard Marquand.
The Collection is a monthly opinion piece, which features a single film, trilogy, or the like that I consider to be one of the best of all-time – a must watch film or franchise. A new entry in The Collection will be highlighted and revealed on the third Monday of every month. This month I’m starting The Collection with the original Star Wars trilogy, arguably the best trilogy of all-time. Continue reading “The Collection #1 – Star Wars: The Original Trilogy”