- Beauty and the Beast (1991)
- Aladdin (1992)
- The Lion King (1994)
- Toy Story 2 (1999)
- Monsters, Inc. (2001)
- Rear Window (1954) – Directed by Alfred Hitchcock.
- Lawrence of Arabia (1962) – Directed by David Lean.
- The Godfather (1972) – Directed by Francis Ford Coppola.
- Taxi Driver (1976) – Directed by Martin Scorsese.
- Toy Story (1995) – Directed by John Lasseter.
- The Pianist (2002) – Directed by Roman Polanski.
- Toy Story 3 (2010) – Directed by Lee Unkrich.
- Jagten (2012) – Directed by Thomas Vinterberg.
- Inside Out (2015) – Directed by Pete Docter & Ronaldo Del Carmen.
Continue reading “9 Masterpieces – The Collection #8”
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
- Jaws (1975)
- Saving Private Ryan (1998)
- Schindler’s List (1993)
- Alien – Directed by Ridley Scott.
- Poltergeist – Directed by Tobe Hooper.
- The Conjuring – Directed by James Wan.
- The Exorcist – Directed by William Friedkin.
- The Silence of the Lambs – Directed by Jonathan Demme.
Continue reading “5 Must-Watch Horror Films – The Collection #6”
- (500) Days of Summer – Directed by Marc Webb.
- 50/50 – Directed by Jonathan Levine.
- Boyhood – Directed by Richard Linklater.
- Lost in Translation – Directed by Sofia Coppola.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower – Directed by Stephen Chbosky.
Continue reading “5 Dramas – The Collection #5”
- The Collection – No longer posts on the third Monday of the month, and Favorite Thespians has now overtaken that spot. The Collection is now getting a new format as well. Writing about one movie a month without reviewing it just did not work for me. Now, instead, at some point late in every month I’ll be releasing a The Collection-update, in which I’ll jot down five films that have been added to the list.
- Casting: Who Should Play Who? – For a while now, I’ve been loving writing about who I’d cast as this character or that character in this or that movie. So, I decided to make a series of posts about that very idea. Casting will be taking on the fourth Monday of every month-spot.
If you have any questions, ideas for The Collection, or suggestions for Casting, then please leave a comment below.
– I’m Jeffrey Rex
- The Shining (1980) – Directed by Stanley Kubrick.
The Shining is a bona fide horror classic, and my favorite horror film of all-time. It is a terrifying tale that will definitely stick with you. The Shining is the newest member of the so-called Collection, and I therefore deem it a must-watch film. Continue reading “The Collection #4 – The Shining”
The following is an update in the form of bullet points on the return of Detective Comics Saturday and the formal introduction of Polarizing. Reviews are unscheduled, but if you want me to review a certain film (retro or classic), then please reach out on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Box Office Predictions: Box Office Predictions will still be released on the first Wednesday of every month.
- Dagobah Day: Dagobah Day will still be released on the first Monday of every month, and I’m really having a lot of fun writing this opinion piece. Please feel free to bring up possible subjects in the comment section below.
- Detective Comics Saturday: This is the big news update today. Recently, I asked on Twitter whether or not I should write about DC Comics/the DC Cinematic Universe again, and most people wanted it to happen. Detective Comics Saturday will return on the first Saturday of April, and then continue on the first Saturday of every month.
- Favorite Thespians: Favorite Thespians will still be released on the fourth Monday of every month. However, March was a bit different, as I wanted to write about Ben Affleck prior to seeing Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Marvelous Monday: Marvelous Monday will still be released on the second Monday of every month. However, it might end up on its second hiatus, if it doesn’t get a better response in April. Please recommend the opinion pieces to anyone you feel would be interested in them.
- Polarizing: Polarizing premiered in March with a post on Man of Steel. I am considering posting something on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Stargate at some point, but it is still an unscheduled opinion piece.
- The Collection: The Collection will still be released on the third Monday of every month.
- Motion Picture Thoughts: Motion Picture Thoughts is still unscheduled, but I am currently working on a Academy Analysis-post, wherein I talk about what the Academy got wrong over the years.
– I’m Jeffrey Rex
- The Departed (2006) – Directed by Martin Scorsese.
Our next movie in The Collection might be the best remake of all-time – the excellent crime-drama The Departed directed by Martin Scorsese. Originally, another Scorsese film was going to be this month’s member of The Collection, but in a last minute change-up the ensemble-led drama became the next must-watch film suggested by me. Continue reading “The Collection #3 – The Departed”
Today, I’m introducing a new type of review to the blog. I love reviewing films, but sometimes I want to just sit down with a film and review it even though I don’t necessarily feel it’s a classic or all that timely. Therefore I am introducing retro movie reviews. Now, be aware of the fact that I am using a very liberal interpretation of the word ‘retro’. So, what does ‘Retro Reviews’ then signify if the use of the word ‘retro’ is liberal? Continue reading “Introducing Retro Reviews – News”