A Stephen King adaptation, the creepy Annabelle doll from the Conjuring horror film universe, and Ryan Reynolds paired up with Samuel L. Jackson in an R-Rated action comedy. That lineup sounds almost too good to be true. But that is the August we’re getting into. Let’s talk about how much money these films will make. (more…)
- Rear Window (1954) – Directed by Alfred Hitchcock.
- Lawrence of Arabia (1962) – Directed by David Lean.
- The Godfather (1972) – Directed by Francis Ford Coppola.
- Taxi Driver (1976) – Directed by Martin Scorsese.
- Toy Story (1995) – Directed by John Lasseter.
- The Pianist (2002) – Directed by Roman Polanski.
- Toy Story 3 (2010) – Directed by Lee Unkrich.
- Jagten (2012) – Directed by Thomas Vinterberg.
- Inside Out (2015) – Directed by Pete Docter & Ronaldo Del Carmen.
NORTH AMERICAN OPENING WEEKEND PREDICTIONS:
- Suicide Squad – Warner Bros. – August 5th, 2016 – $120-130 million
- Pete’s Dragon – Buena Vista – August 12th, 2016 – $32-37 million
- Sausage Party – Sony/Columbia – August 12th, 2016 – $25-30 million
- Ben-Hur – Paramount – August 19th, 2016 – $15-18 million
Why Suicide Squad will make more money in its opening weekend than Guardians of the Galaxy did:
Suicide Squad is the next film in the DC Cinematic Universe, and even though the superhero genre is the most popular genre in this century so far, DC/WB have had some trouble in kickstarting their cinematic universe. Man of Steel was polarizing, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was critically panned, but what about Suicide Squad? It will be the first DC Cinematic Universe film without Kal-El (you assume), does that then mean it’ll work? Will Suicide Squad be a success? (more…)
2015 is almost over, which doesn’t feel remotely real considering how fast this year has gone by. It seem appropriate to look ahead to 2016, which will feature a ton of sequels, comic book films – the Hollywood we know so well. Today I look at the 2016 U.S. release schedule, and pick 10 of my most anticipated films of the 2016. Let’s get to it! (more…)