MAJOR RELEASES’ OPENING WEEKEND PREDICTIONS:
- Captain America: Civil War – Disney – May 6th, 2016 – $200 million
- The Nice Guys – Warner Bros. – May 20th, 2016 – $15-25 million
- The Angry Birds Movie – Sony / Columbia – May 20th, 2016 – $60-75 million
- Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising – Universal – May 20th, 2016 – $35-45 million
- Alice Through the Looking Glass – Disney – May 27th, 2016 – $65-80 million
- X-Men: Apocalypse – Fox – May 27th, 2016 – $110-120 million
Does Captain America: Civil War have a chance of beating The Avengers’s May record of $207m (opening weekend)?
Oh yeah definitely. I think it’s going to land at around $200 million. I wouldn’t be shocked if it broke that superhero movie record, but I’ll still say that it’ll land in between the opening weekend numbers for The Avengers ($207m) and Avengers: Age of Ultron ($191m). Word of mouth is going to help it. I loved the film (opened in Europe last week), and I think it’s going to be a huge success. However, I’m not sure it’ll get past The Avengers worldwide box office number ($1,5 billion).
What film will win May? Sound off in the comments.
I’m Jeffrey Rex