Let’s be honest, you don’t want to compete with a Marvel event movie, the sequel to a surprise superhero hit, or a Star Wars movie. All of that means that no other film that studios have much faith in are positioned in between these films. So, today I am going to be talking about Deadpool 2 and Solo: A Star Wars Story. Continue reading “Box Office Predictions – May 2018” →
April gave us the eighth film in the Fast & Furious franchise, but May is even better for American audiences. The summer movie season is gearing up, and it’s time for the U. S. to finally see the fifteenth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2. How much will it make in its opening weekend? Will it be the third film to join the 2017 Billion Dollar Club? And what about general summer movie season predictions? Let’s discuss.
Continue reading “Box Office Predictions – May 2017” →
- The Collection – No longer posts on the third Monday of the month, and Favorite Thespians has now overtaken that spot. The Collection is now getting a new format as well. Writing about one movie a month without reviewing it just did not work for me. Now, instead, at some point late in every month I’ll be releasing a The Collection-update, in which I’ll jot down five films that have been added to the list.
- Casting: Who Should Play Who? – For a while now, I’ve been loving writing about who I’d cast as this character or that character in this or that movie. So, I decided to make a series of posts about that very idea. Casting will be taking on the fourth Monday of every month-spot.
If you have any questions, ideas for The Collection, or suggestions for Casting, then please leave a comment below.
– I’m Jeffrey Rex
Suicide Squad is the next film in the DC Cinematic Universe, and even though the superhero genre is the most popular genre in this century so far, DC/WB have had some trouble in kickstarting their cinematic universe. Man of Steel was polarizing, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was critically panned, but what about Suicide Squad? It will be the first DC Cinematic Universe film without Kal-El (you assume), does that then mean it’ll work? Will Suicide Squad be a success? Continue reading “Will Suicide Squad Be A Success? – Detective Comics Saturday #6” →
MAJOR RELEASES’ OPENING WEEKEND PREDICTIONS:
- Captain America: Civil War – Disney – May 6th, 2016 – $200 million
- The Nice Guys – Warner Bros. – May 20th, 2016 – $15-25 million
- The Angry Birds Movie – Sony / Columbia – May 20th, 2016 – $60-75 million
- Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising – Universal – May 20th, 2016 – $35-45 million
- Alice Through the Looking Glass – Disney – May 27th, 2016 – $65-80 million
- X-Men: Apocalypse – Fox – May 27th, 2016 – $110-120 million
Continue reading “Box Office Predictions – May 2016” →
2015 is almost over, which doesn’t feel remotely real considering how fast this year has gone by. It seem appropriate to look ahead to 2016, which will feature a ton of sequels, comic book films – the Hollywood we know so well. Today I look at the 2016 U.S. release schedule, and pick 10 of my most anticipated films of the 2016. Let’s get to it! Continue reading “My 10 Most Anticipated Films of 2016” →