Phase Three of the Marvel Cinematic Universe begins in 2016, but rumors are already coming in. So, before we get any official trailers for Phase Three films, let’s try to make some predictions!
Do note that while the Sony-Marvel Spider-Man reboot might not be a Marvel Studios film per se, it is a part of the universe, and thus I consider it to be a part of the third phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Captain America: Civil War – An Avenger will die in this film, but not the one that the comics would lead you to believe.
- Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 – Star-Lord’s father is not J’Son of Spartax nor is he Adam Warlock. Star-Lord’s father will be some version of Starhawk.
- Spider-Man Reboot – None of the symbiote villains will be the antagonist in the first new Spider-Man film, but a symbiote will be teased in a post-credit scene.
- Thor: Ragnarok – Loki dies.
- Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 – Vision does not make it out in one piece/alive.
- Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 or 2 – One of the original Avengers (Tony Stark; Steve Rogers; Thor; Bruce Banner; Natasha Romanoff; Clint Barton) will sacrifice him-/herself.
- Phase Three – We will see an inhuman prior to the Inhuman-film, in either Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange or Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2.
- Phase Three – We won’t see Bruce Banner – The Incredible Hulk – again until Avengers: Infinity War.
- Phase Three – We won’t see any of the main characters from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. or Daredevil in the Phase Three films.
What do you think? Sound off in the comments!
I’m Jeffrey Rex