Lately I’ve been thinking about this blog. A huge chunck of it is very much about what I like – and about what I think. But with that having been said, none of it is very personal. The closest thing to personal I’ve ever done have been my New Year’s Speeches – which I hope to continue for a very long time. So, today, I’ve decided to come up with 25 things you guys don’t know about me. I’ll try to steer clear of things already mentioned on the blog, but if I mention something you already knew, then please let me know. So, without further ado…
- I am introverted. Extremely so. Some would probably even call me a recluse. I don’t know if I am secretive, though – I might be.
- I was definitely Emo. In the early 2000s I was definitely an ’emo’ kid. I do, and I did, listen to Linkin Park, 30 Seconds To Mars and Simple Plan – which should make sense to you now.
- I only started watching association football because I wanted to fit in. Call it peer pressure, maybe it was. I just wanted to fit in, and be a part of the group the rest of the guys was – so I started playing and watching football around 1999/2000.
- My Mother and My Sister are sort of famous. In Denmark at least, they’re in the Danish reality show ‘Mig og Min Mor’ (translation: “My Mom and I”).
- I Skype with my two best friends everyday. It became a part of my daily routine during high school, and since then it hasn’t slowed down. I remember getting messages constantly about opening skype as soon as I got home, and one of the best parts of my day is when I return home, relax & chat with my best friends online.
- I’m not humble, just anxious and nervous. People always say that I sound really humble in public, and that may be true – but the reason for that is that I am extremely anxious, nervous and shy. I can’t help it.
- Stargate SG-1 was my first obsession. While I often say that Star Wars was my first nerd-love, the very first thing I obsessed about was Stargate SG-1. See for a while I wanted to study archaelogy and egyptology, not because of Indiana Jones – but because of Dr Daniel Jackson.
- I used to be a Star Wars Prequel Apologist. Yep, no kidding. I made myself believe they were all perfect, thankfully I’ve now learned. But Revenge of the Sith was pretty good, right? RIGHT!?
- I used to tease my father by saying I would become a member of the most left-wing party in Denmark. My father is rather old-fashioned, conservative at times. So teasing him about this was really fun.
- When I was very young I loved dressing up. Sometimes I was a pirate, sometimes I was a… You name it.
- Had my own little private stand-up show in 2009. At a celebration I would entertain the guests by reading aloud in various accents, whilst giving my own roast for their pleasure. Was I drunk? You might think that, but I couldn’t possibly comment.
- White Russian is my go-to family holiday drink.
- I wear plaid shirts, almost exclusively.
- At times I can be a sore loser, but I am always a good sport when I win.
- I don’t excuse passion.
- I liken myself to Nick Carraway.
- And The Great Gatsby is my favorite book.
- I strongly believe Leonardo DiCaprio should’ve won an Oscar in 2007. Not for Blood Diamond, but for The Departed, for which he wasn’t even nominated…
- While I once loved the character, I’m not a fan of Superman anymore. He is too powerful.
- But I liked Smallville, and read Superman comic books as a child.
- I am not a fan of Man of Steel, and I don’t know what I was thinking when I wrote my original review (It has since been updated).
- I want my own Baymax.
- I am a dog person. This is one of my collie twins.
- I am one of those obsessed Community fans you hear about. And I love being a part of a wonderful fanbase.
- I am extremely self-conscious.
That’s it! Here at the end of the post, I’d like to ask if this was something you liked? Do you want more lists like this one? Sound off in the comments.
I’m Jeffrey Rex