LAST WEEKEND’S NUMBERS
- Hotel Transylvania 2 (1st Wknd) – $48m
- The Intern (1st Wknd) – $17m
- Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (-52.9%) – $14m
- Everest (1st Wknd – Wide) – $13m
- Black Mass (-51.3%) – $11m
Well, would you look at that. I got the top five right! The only number that blew me away was Hotel Transylvania 2. Everyone knew it would win, but didn’t think it would have such a strong opening. Not much else to talk about here.
- The Martian (1st Wknd) – $43m
- Hotel Transylvania 2 – $25m
- The Intern – $10m
- Sicario (1st Wknd – Wide) – $9m
- Maze Runner: Scorch Trials – $5m
The Walk has a limited opening this week, and that’s going to keep it out of the top five – for it probably won’t make what Everest did in its limited opening. Meanwhile, Sicario goes wide this weekend – and it should beat Maze Runner for the fourth spot. The Martian should reach Hotel Transylvania 2-like numbers this weekend, while the aforementioned Sandler-film should drop significantly, as expected.
What do you predict for this weekend’s North American box office numbers? Am I way off? Sound off in the comments.
I’m Jeffrey Rex