For this week it’s all about mid-credits scenes and post-credits scenes. Marvel Studios pretty much made us expect one after each and every movie. It’s gotten to the point where these aren’t just easter eggs anymore. So, today it’s all about ranking every credits scene in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. That’s right, I’ll even rank the one(s) from Ultron. Spoilers, folks!
Post-credits scenes started to appear in the late 1970s, but end-tag-text was being used in Bond-films and the like. Marvel Studios has populized the post-credits scenes in blockbuster films.
And without further ado, here’s my ranking of the MCU Credits Scenes:
- Guardians of the Galaxy (#1 – Mid-Credits Scene) – Mini-Groot dances to The Jackson 5 music.
- Marvel’s The Avengers (#2 – Post-Credits Scene) – Our heroes stop at the Shawarma Palace.
- Marvel’s The Avengers (#1 – Mid-Credits Scene) – The first Thanos reveal.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (#1 – Mid-Credits Scene) – Reveal of the mysterious Twins.
- Guardians of the Galaxy (#2 – Post-Credits Scene) – Wacky reveal of Howard the Duck.
- Iron Man – Nick Fury presents the Avengers Initiative to Tony Stark.
- Captain America: The First Avenger – Nick Fury presents the Avengers Initiative to Cap.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (#2 – Post-Credits Scene) – Bucky goes to the Smithsonian.
- Thor – The Tesseract, Loki, and Selvig.
- Thor: The Dark World (#1 – Mid-Credits Scene) – Tivan receives the Aether.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – Thanos puts on the Infinity Gauntlet.
- Iron Man 2 – S.H.I.E.L.D. has found Mjölnir.
- Iron Man 3 – Banner slept through Tony’s story.
- The Incredible Hulk – Tony Stark meets with Lt. General Thaddeus Ross.
- Thor: The Dark World (#2 – Post-Credits Scene) – Odinson kisses Jane Foster, and a creature appears elsewhere.
P.S.: Last I checked, Age of Ultron was at about $600m overseas – with it opening in China tomorrow, my $1 billion overseas prediction should be locked. As for worldwide totals? Yeah, I’m not close right now.
Do you agree with my ranking? Sound off in the comments.
I’m Jeffrey Rex