Straight Outta Compton got its third win in a row. Meanwhile the Christian drama War Room came out of nowhere to take the 2nd spot on last weekend’s top five. Now, can Robert Redford’s A Walk In The Woods challenge for a top five spot, or is it knocked out by last week’s new entries?
LAST WEEKEND’S NUMBERS
- Straight Outta Compton (-50.2%) – $13,133,560
- War Room (1st Wknd) – $11,351,389
- Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation (-28.8%) – $8,155,581
- No Escape (1st Wknd) – $8,111,264
- Sinister 2 (-55.7%) – $4,665,341
No shock at the very top. Straight Outta Compton got its third weekend win in a row, but it was much closer than we all thought it’d be. Everyone underestimated War Room, but, honestly, these numbers came out of nowhere. What the hell, We Are Your Friends? Terrible opening weekend, absolutely terrible – it wasn’t even close to being in the top five.
- The Transporter Refueled (1st Wknd) – $10m
- Straight Outta Compton – $9m
- War Room – $6m
- Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation – $5,5m
- A Walk In The Woods (1st Wknd) – $5m
I think the Transporter-franchise name might get it to around $10 million, but it could easily drop below $8 million, due to the fact that his is not Statham’s movie anymore.
This is not going to be a huge weekend, but I think that Rogue Nation will still hang on. I’ll be interested to see what A Walk In The Woods ends up at, but, ultimately, this box office weekend shouldn’t be great.
What do you predict for this weekend’s North American box office numbers? Am I way off? Sound off in the comments.
I’m Jeffrey Rex